Thanks to the Markham .NET Users Group
for passing along this job opportunity. The full description is in a Word document
on the user group website. Here are some things that jumped out at me:
- The company is big enough to have an IT department who will support you
- They use a variety of Microsoft technologies including some reasonably new stuff like Workflow
- You should have experience doing web and database development with Microsoft tools
- They have Windows applications too, and need you to know about concurrency and threading
- They want you to gather requirements and to train end users as well as write code, so you need to be well rounded and enjoy a variety of types of work
My guess is they are not a software development house but a manufacturing company. These jobs can be very rewarding because you get more responsibility more quickly, but on the other hand there may not be a career track to senior dev, architect, manager of devs etc because there aren't that many developers in the building.
It's nice to see they want to hire two developers. You know you won't be a team of one, anyway! If you're interested, please follow the instructions on the user group web site, which is to send an email to a specific email address with specific information in the subject line. Emailing me or commenting on this post won't help, sorry.