While we wait for my Groktalk to appear (editing is really hard and timeconsuming and Scott is a hero) I have been getting a few requests for “the seven things C++ has that C#” doesn't.
- Can generate native code and work with native types from other libraries
- C++ interop – the fastest and easiest
- Templates and generics
- Deterministic destruction
- my absolute favourite, I must say
- Optimized MSIL
- PGO for native and managed code
- .NET Linking (from within the IDE)
I will try to do individual blogs on these when I can. In the meantime, you can peruse the deck and remember, it's for a ten minute talk: Why Cpp.ppt (94 KB).