Vertigo is a seriously cool company that does a lot of .NET work and a lot of C++ work. Like us, they know how to combine the two. Unlike us, they are in California. Here's what CEO Scott Stanfield (a super hard working RD) told me about the job:
We’re trying to hire a full-time C++ developer to help us work on [pretty high-profile work for Microsoft.] Needs knowledge of Windows API (old-school stuff), COM, etc. Maybe ATL.
Intruigued, I got more details:
- 2 to 4 years of Unmanaged C++/Windows Apps
- C++ Standard Library (Iterators, containers, etc.)
- VS 2003
- Using COM with #import
Knowledge that is nice to have but not necessary:
- Windows 2003/XP or VISTA experience (ie. building apps for Microsoft)
- Client side (single thread, event driven, custom drawing, experience with 32-bit, globalization)
- Server side (multi-threaded, critical sections, mutex – 1 app instance)
- Networking (WinHTTP, web services)
- VS 2005
P.S. Bear in mind that our core expertise is .NET so the person would have to be willing to learn .NET and work on other projects besides C++ stuff every so often.
And of course, it is a great company to work for :). We do a great job with developing careers and it is rock solid financially with excellent benefits. Plus there is very minimal travel.
If you follow the links in the first paragraph, you'll figure out how to apply :)